Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cottage Mouse

Hi all, Madge here once again wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday. We are back at the lake to relax and get away from it all once again.  Not having my usual unlimited crafting supplies at my fingertips, narrows down my options, but here is what I came up with………  I’ve created a card using “Cottage Mouse” by Stampavie, from Lora’s wonderful store, One Crazy Stamper.   

If you are hooked on Copic markers , have you tried the Xpress-It-Blending-Cardstock??  It is fantabulous for blending!!  It pains me to use anything else…… the colors seem to be so much more vibrant!

Cottage Mouse was stamped on X-Press It with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, colored with Copic markers, trimmed and sponged with Tim Holtz “Broken China" distress ink. SU’s Cherry Cobbler was used for the matting, followed by a S-E-I DP punched with a Martha Stewart Around the Edge set (Vintage Floral), and then P1120299matted onto more SU Cherry Cobbler.  I started out with a 5 1/2” x 11” piece of SU’s Blush Blossom but the contrast between the BB and CC were too orange, so out came Copic Marker RV10 to bring it to a pinkish shade to blend with the SEI DP………..phew!! 

OOps, I forgot to add that I stamped the wee little mouse a second time, colored her and then cut her out to pop it up off the main image.  For co-ordinating flowers, I chose pale yellow roses and brushed the edges with YR21 and added pale pink roses to tie them altogether.  I also finished the inside with the reverse punched papers.  Hope you like my creation. 

P1120315 Tomorrow, there will be a wonderful creation by our newest teamie, Patricia – who is uber- talented…………….so until next time. 

~ Rubber Hugs ~siggyhaycock

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful card Madge. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious scene!! You've colored it amazingly and I love the entire layout!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the sweet scene and boarder punches!

    ReplyDelete