Saturday, October 22, 2011

Kraftin Kimmie Tutorial

Hi All!!!  I have a super cute tutorial/altered project to show you!!!  I was very nervous about altering this because I am so new to altering stuff and I have held on to this cork board (that I found at the Dollar Store) because I wanted the perfect project! 
I got all of these adorable images from One Crazy Stamper

OK so I started with just a simple cork board with a wood frame.

The size of the cork board frame was 12x 8.25.  I cut the paper a little less then that and played with the trimming until I could fit it.

This is what it looks like when it fits in and I slid it under the frame part.

I cut strips for the edge of the frame

I had to cut off corners so it would be easy to fold over

I used the one I cut to stencil lines on all of the other strips
 I used sticky tape and I placed the strips on the edge of the slits.  You may notice that the strips are longer and that is so I can fold it over for a clean look.

Here is a look of the sticky tape on the edge of the frame. Scor Tape was used!

I used some chipboard letters to place to do on the top and you can see how all the paper is folded over the edge of the frame.  I also used glue dots to place a strip of ribbon to be able to hang this. (you'll see this in the pictures below)  You also get a peek at my little list helpers.
 Here is the super adorable Tori!  And also a peek at how the ribbon looks!
 Here is Brigitte
 Here's Rosabelle.
 Here's Antoinette.
 Here's Agnes
 Here's all of them in the scalloped border that holds them all at the bottom.  This way I can change out my kimmies with what my mood is!
Hope you enjoyed the project!  I had a blast making it!  It was also way easier to do then I thought just time consuming but I love this hanging in my stamp area!

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing. You did a fabulous job. I'm also new to altering items and am really enjoying it. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job, Lisa! Thanks so much for sharing your step-by-step! Your images are all wonderful and this displays them beautifully!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a great idea and so much fun. I think I will add the bubble bath to my to do list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Lisa. There are so many variations that can be done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Tutorial Lisa - thanks for giving us all ideas.

    ReplyDelete