Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Black, White and Pink Happy Birthday

Hi all,  Well Spring is supposedly here – right?  Here in Vernon, it’s windy and cold, snowing at night and melting by 9 a.m.  Weird! 
I’m showcasing some new items that I have purchased from my absolutely favorite on-line store…OCS .  Lora has so many toys and pretties to chose from!!
I’ve made this card for a friend, who has made it quite clear that she doesn’t like colored images on cards . . . . .  dead silence??  Well, she’s a wonderful friend and I love her just the same. 
My card is a clean and simple but I got to use a whole bunch of fun elements. 
Card Recipe:

  • 11” x 4 1/4” white cardstock  (scored at  5”)
  • Run 6” part through the beautiful  Marianne Designable – Vintage die   then I Scallop embossed the edge with the Large Scallop die from the Spellbinders Classic Edges 1.
  • Scallop a pink piece ( 4 3/8” x 6” of cardstock on the 4 13/8” edge (using the Large Scallop die from the Spellbinders Classic Edges 1
  • Repeat with a piece of black cardstock ( 41/2” x 6 1/4”)
  • Adhere Pink behind front white and black behind inside white flap. Make sure to keep the edges equal.
  • Scraps of White, Pink and Black – to mat a small sentiment
  • Use Black Scrap to punch ferns (Martha Stewart Fern Punch)
  • Tie pink ribbon around card and tie into a bow.
  • Tuck sentiment and black fern punchies under knot of bow.
  • Add flowers of your choice – Lora has such a beautiful selection here.
  • I like to make my flowers sturdy for mailing by using Diamond Glaze – it also adds a bit of irridescent gloss.
  • I stamped the inside of my card with Tsukineko Jet Black StazOn with a beautiful flourish stamp called Lavish Flourishes by Whimsy stamps.         
  • A row of white half pearls  (which I colored pink with copic marker R81) was added to the scallops on the front.
Lavish Flouish insideI’ve used a lot of different products from the OCS store.   Hope you like it.
“Stamp up a storm, ink up a wish” and send it on to someone you love.
~ rubber hugz, inky wishes ~
siggyhaycock
PS.  You’ve still got time to participate in the March Challenge at OCS!!  There are Prizes to be won!!   See you at your blog!

2 comments:

  1. A very classic and elegant card. Love the details Madge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so pretty! Looks almost like a wedding invite. love it

    ReplyDelete