Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Treats for a Special Pony

Great minds think alike, or at least choose the same stamp to feature at One Crazy Stamper. Madge, a fellow dt member, featured this cute image a couple of weeks ago, and now here's my version of the same image.
This is Whimsy Stamps artist Crissy Armstrong's "Good Pony" image, which I have colored with Copics. The pony's eye and the red apple both received a coat of Diamond Glaze, and then I cut the image out with Spellbinders Label 25. After cutting the image out, I noticed that the shape resembles that of a belt buckle, so for the mat I inked up a Cuttlebug embossing folder with black, and used the folder like a letterpress. After embossing, I ran a Tsukineko Silver Metallic ink pad over the raised parts of the mat, creating the look of a metal belt buckle. The brown cardstock behind the buckle represents the belt itself.
You still have a few days left to enter to win the One Crazy Stamper challenge blog with the theme of BBQ/Food. 

1 comment: