Saturday, April 20, 2013

Birdie Corner Bookmark Tutorial

Hello crafty peeps, today I have a lovely corner bookmark to share with you. I originally saw the idea done by Beate Johns on Splitcoast, I loved it and thought it would a fun tutorial to try and share my take on it.
Start with a 3x3 square, on three of the sides mark the middle points. Then line up the marks and score, repeat connecting the other two marks. 



Fold at your score lines. 


On the un-scored side use a edge die or punch to achieve a decorative edge.


I used spellbinders edge and insert dies, I like to tape them in place to avoid any mess ups. 



Make two die cuts using some of your smallest sizes that will fit on your folded triangle side without hanging over. I'm also using a bird die, you could use a coloured image instead if desired. 


Cut a 2 and 1/8 square and then cut it in half. 


Using design paper make two 3 x 3/4 pieces. 


On the back of the design paper add adhesive and attach some ribbon.


On the back attach one of triangle pieces with adhesive and then one of the other pieces of design paper below it. 


Finally I attached my 2nd triangle piece and then the 2nd design paper piece below it. On top of that I attached my die cuts and placed the bird die as a finishing touch. 




And voila a beautiful bookmark! 

Supplies Used:
~Paper: Authentique(Renew)
~Die Cuts: Stately Circles Nestabilities(Spellbinders),  Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities(Spellbinders), A2 Bracket Borders One Borderabilities(Spellbinders),  Bird Creatables LR0137(Marianne Designs)

2 comments: