Thursday, January 21, 2016

Valentine's - Shaker and Mini Treat Box

Happy Thursday OCS Fans! It's almost Fri-YAY!!

Last week I shared a card I made after challenging myself to use a stamp in a way that might not be the first thing that comes to mind - ie. rabbit = Easter.

This week I challenged myself to do a card that wasn't in the "normal" colours for a specific day/event. For Valentine's Day I automatically think red. 

I chose to go with a pink, blue and green theme for my card featuring Bear Buddies from High Hopes Rubber Stamps and mini treat box.

                                                 Donna




Card Close Up


Mini Gift Box with Treats 


Mini Gift Box
I found the pattern on a site called Aunt Annie's Crafts (here)


I coloured my image and fussy cut it and then added it to my card base. I paper pieced their boots and the bow tie is paper pieced from  Joy Ride, another High Hopes stamp.  The base was formed by tracing and cutting out a heart shape, adding some foam tape, sequins and clear beads inside. I added a bow to finish it off. 
I also wanted to make a treat box to go along with my card so I googled it and found this very cute Little Gift Box . The Sweetheart candies are a wedding favour from my brother's wedding this past summer. 

Card Recipe
Stamps: Bear Buddies (S254), Joy Ride  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: A New Addition, Bundle Of Joy Dots & Stripes - Echo Park 
Sentiment: Happy Day Sentiments - YNS 
Copic XpressIt, Stix 2 Clear Foam, Windows #2 Template (heart), Sequins and Beads - Dollar store, Forever In Time Pop Dots, self stick gems - Darice, 
Dies: Classic Square Die - Spellbinders, Heart and Blossom mini font - Quickutz

Spectrum Markers: DG1 DG2 DG4 TN2 TN4 TN8 TN3 TN5 TN7 PP1 PP2 PP5

Don't forget to come play along in our challenge this month - it's Anything Goes (except digital stamps). Follow this link for all the details and to post your project.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting! 






1 comment:

  1. What a great little gift set, Donna! Your shaker card is awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete