Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Peace, Love Joy

Happy Wednesday OCS Fans! 

I had some fun with my card this week - I tried something new! 
I used my Toner pen to add some foil in specific places to my card. More on that later as there are a few hits and misses with this one! 

First, let me introduce you to "Presents Galore" from the new release at High Hope Stamps. I also used the new "Peace, Love, Joy" sentiment. I used this month's challenge sketch for my card. 




After colouring my stamp with alcohol markers I cut it out using a scalloped oval die. I left the image in the die and used a black marker to put a thin line around the edge. A second scallop die was cut out of matching cardstock to put behind it. 
Now, here's where the adding of foil to the bow came in to play. It isn't perfect but I decided to use it anyway. The toner pen has a rather fat end on it and it is going to be best used for larger areas - definitely not in small, detailed areas. I tried adding toner with the edge of the tip and as you can see in the close up, there isn't as much toner left on the area so the foil doesn't adhere. I've learned you need full, thick coverage - so more practice in the future will make perfect. 

Card Recipe
Stamp: Presents Galore (TT061) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment:Peace, Love Joy (JJ003) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Tis The Season Collection - Bo Bunny
Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic XpressIt Antique Linen Distress Ink, White gel pen, Lacey Circles die - Spellbinders, Gold & Holographic Foil - Heidi Swapp, Toner Pen - Heidi Swapp, Liquid Applique, Spearmint Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

Spectrum Noir Markers used: BT2 PP1 PP3 PP5 FS8 JG2 JG6 JG4 DR5 DR1 DR7 TN1 EB1 EB2


Our November Challenge is Fall/Winter Fun and there is a sketch to get your creative juices flowing. There are still a few days left! Click here to play along - we can't wait to see what your create!

Here's the sketch



If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 


2 comments: