Thursday, January 19, 2017

Love Birds

Happy Thursday everyone!


Today I'm sharing an adorable new image from High Hopes Rubber Stamps called Love Birds.  I wanted to do a little something that looked different so I colored this pair of little birds up on Kraft cardstock.  I used Copic's of course but I added a bunch of shading with my Prisma pencils as well.

I played along with our January OCS Challenge Sketch with a couple of my own modifications.  You can find the Challenge HERE

 This is the 2nd card I have done on Kraft and I have found that when using my Copics it is best to test the color first.  Some colors dry darker some much lighter than you might think.  So I started to create my own little index card system.  I will add to this each time I want to play with a new color combo.  I am using American Craft cardstock and that is what my index cards are made from.  Each brand of cardstock will react differently to the marker so it is a great idea to find a brand you like and work with that.  This is my index system, at least for now.

Copics I used for this card...
Heart Leaves - BG72, BG71 (I made this color with BG78 & BG72) with Peacock Blue Prisma
Scroll - BG72, BG10 with Aquamarine & Light Aqua Primsa
Left Bird - E97, E95, E93 with Pumpkin Orange Prisma
Right Bird - E41, E42, E43 with Light Umber Prisma
Shading around birds - Yellow Ochre Primsa
Background Shading - Light Aqua Prisma
You can't tell from the picture but I did add a bunch of sparkle to the scroll and leaves with Clear Wink of Stella.

If you are looking to grab this adorable image you can find it HERE at OCS or HERE at High Hopes.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Lora, this is awesome. Love the idea of using kraft card stock and the colour combos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job friend, love the coloring and the paper you used too. The image is so darn cute, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful. It came together so well.

    ReplyDelete